A website is the very foundation of your online marketing activities and is representative of your brand. While all the marketing channels and techniques bring visitors to your website, it is the website’s web design that successfully converts those visitors into customers.
And the highlight of this conversion is the web design. It is the web design that determines the overall impression and the online presence of your website. Hence, web designing is a very crucial component of your website and your online marketing activities.
In this article, we will understand,
- What is web design?
- Components of web designing
- Tips on web designing
- Why is web design important?
- 5 best tools for web designing
What Is A Web Design?
The overall impression of a particular website is all dependent on its design- the web design. Web designing a crucial element of a successful website, as most of the sales and lead depends on the overall impression of the website. So, what is meant by web designing and web design?
Web designing is the process of combining writings and graphical elements to create a compelling message online for your potential customers. The output thus created is known as a web design. It refers to the design of different websites displayed on the internet. A web design also includes web apps, mobile apps, and user interface design. To build a better website and to construct a valuable online presence for your business, you must understand the importance of web design.
Numerous components work together to create a website. They include graphic design, user experience design, interface design, search engine optimisation(SEO) and content creation.
Components Of Web Designing
The overall impression of a website and its functionality all depends on these components.
7 Essential Components Of A Good Web Design
1. Visual appearance and the overall layout
The first impression needs to be the best. Your website should be designed in such a way that it attracts attention at the very first glance. And, this greatly depends on how the contents of the website have been arranged— its layout. The functionality and usability of your website increase depending on how it has been arranged. Avoid making an over-stimulating layout, which might distract the audience.
Might sound insignificant but typography (or, fonts) play a vital role in audience engagement. Since, fonts are there to communicate your message, make sure to use simple fonts that are readable and impactful. Refrain from using twisted fonts which are difficult to comprehend.
3. Colour scheme
It is really important to understand the psychology of colours that are being used in a design. It is the most essential component of a web design. The user experience depends on the colour scheme in use and how it reflects the website. Hence, using the colours that define your brand and align with the tone of your website, conveys its message easily to the audience.
A good looking website should also be easy to navigate. The website should be designed in a simple and self-explanatory way that it’ll be easy for anyone to understand. No one wants to struggle to find information.
“Content is the king”. After the visual impression of a website, comes its content or the written material. The information presented should be shot, crisp and engaging. Aside from being simple and easily understood by anyone reading it, good content should also be SEO friendly.
6. Mobile-friendly designs
Most designers often miss the fact that the website they are designing can also be visited using one’s smartphone. This when the websites that were designed especially for PC might not work properly and efficiently on mobile screen causing difficulty in comprehending the contents of the website. Such a situation will mark a bad reputation for your brand. Thus, to prevent such a mishap, try to design a website that’s compatible with any device.
Tips On Web Designing:
- Every image on your website should be relatable to the brand and the objective of that particular website.
- Image content in use should be: clear, concise and tell the story you are conveying.
- Clear content is more important. Make sure your header text is clear and tells users exactly what to do
- The message flow should be clear and concise
- Little details are pretty significant in web designing. Hence make sure to make an error-free design.
- Your website must essentially be user friendly.
Why Web Design Is Important?
Are you aware of the fact that web designs have a huge impact on your online presence in search engines like google?
There are various utilities of a good web design. So, let’s see why web design is important.
A good web design,
- Imparts a strong and positive first impression
- Reflects the brand and its standards.
- Sets the idea regarding customer care
- With easy navigation and simple layout, it helps in maintaining the consistency of leads
- Supports and nurtures your SEO strategy
- Builds trust
Thus, while designing a website, you should always be particular about your target audience and ensure that the website ensures a good experience.
Hot right now!!
5 BEST TOOLS FOR WEB DESIGNING
1. InVision studio
- Covers all the bases and becomes the only UI tool that you’ll need
- Create beautiful interactive interfaces, by using tools for rapid prototyping, responsive and collaborative design, and work with design systems.
- Rapid prototyping for clearer and smooth animation
- Automatically adjust your design to any screen
- New and improved version of Panic
- It has a tool that seeks to reduce the number of applications (such as an FTP client, CSS editor, a version control system, etc.)
- One-window web development philosophy that uses a tabbed interface for text editing, file transfers, SVN, CSS, and even “Books”
3. Google Web Designer
- Free webpage designing tool
- Made creating interactive and engaging HTML5-based designs easy
- It ensures that your designs (and motion graphics) will run and display on any device, from desktops to smartphones
- It’s great for producing quick ideas, refining an interface
- A neat way of building pages
- As it is all online, hence there’s no need to download anything.
- A design tool that enables real-time collaboration of multiple designers.
- Graphics can be shared with others within the app.
- Available in the browser, or on Windows, Mac or Linux, in both paid and unpaid versions depending upon your use.
Web design is an important asset of your website, hence must not be taken lightly. From setting up a positive impression to bringing consistent leads, the utility of a good web design is vital for the brand. This is why web design is important.
Web designing is not an easy task, but paying attention to the minute yet fundamental elements of designing, will help you nurture your leads and get more conversions.
But, more importantly, as your website is the highlight of you and your brand make sure to vet such designs and layouts that are favorable to your customers and other audiences visiting your website.